Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Colorado School of Mines has a site license for ESRI products including ArcMap for desktop. This software may be accessed from any campus lab computer.
- Colorado Information Marketplace (CIM) by state of Colorado. CIM is not only a place to discover GIS data, it is also a gateway for other non-geospatial data and information produced by state agencies of Colorado.
- Open Colorado -- community-related data sets including economic, business, crime, etc.
- Colorado Data Engine -- an open-source hub that unlocks neighborhood-scale public data in a standardized, geolocated format.
- GIS Colorado -- various infrastructure layers including transportation and broadband
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
- Colorado Department of Natural Resources -- links to Colorado GIS layers
- Denver Regional Council of Governments (DrCOG) data -- a repository of open data that supports communities in making informed, data-driven decisions in areas including mobility, land use, and changing demographics. Includes LiDAR data, boundaries, etc.
- Denver Open Data Catalog -- from the City of Denver
- Jefferson County, Colorado GIS products
- Bureau of Land Management, Colorado
Worldwide GIS links:
General GIS links:
- Center for Spatial Studies at the University of California Santa Barbara -- The Center's mission is to engage in interdisciplinary research and education in how people and technology solve spatial problems in the natural and social sciences, as well as in engineering, the humanities, and the arts.
- Center for Spatial Data Science at the University of Chicago -- The Center for Spatial Data Science (CSDS) addresses research questions where location represents an important dimension of the research problem. Application areas include a range of substantive fields where space matters, such as economic geography, environmental economics, sociology, criminology, public health, and other social sciences. The site includes data regarding public health.