The following tips will fix many of the errors that come up with linking to online library resources.
Please report a problem or contact us for help if these tips fail to resolve the problem.
Did you get an error or hit a paywall?
- Access resources through the Library's website, you are authenticated either by logging in with your Mines MultiPass, or by using an on-campus computer or on-campus provided wireless connection. This does not include Mines Wifi but does include Eduroam.
- Use the Library Catalog to confirm that we have the online resource.
- For journal articles, check that the article's volume is part of our subscription.
- If you aren't able to find the resource in the Library Catalog try adding the proxy prefix to the start of the resource URL
- Proxy prefix: https://mines.idm.oclc.org/login?url=
Is this an issue related to your MultiPass account?
- Try accessing another library database. Can you get into one database but not another? This can help determine if there is a problem with your MultiPass or with a particular database.
- Try accessing on another device to confirm if the issue is local to your device or perhaps related to your account.
- If you believe there is an issue with your MultiPass account contact ITS
Is there an issue with the device you are using to access?
- Clear your browser's cache and/or restart your browser.
- Update your browser
- Library online resources are not always compatible with all browsers or versions of browsers. As browsers update frequently, it is always a good idea to check that you are using the latest version of a browser. Many database platforms do not support versions that are older than Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 13, Google Chrome 18, or Safari 5.
- Install Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Some resources require Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free and trusted standard for viewing, printing, and annotating PDFs.
Still having issues?
If you are still having issues we recommend these next steps:
- Request the resource through Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Take a screenshot of any errors and submit a help ticket
- Continue to troubleshoot access by utilizing one of our Tools