Colorado's Territorial School of Mines was established in 1874 in Golden, Colorado, at a time of rapid expansion of mining and smelting activity following the discovery of gold in the region in 1859 and of growth of the Territory. The School became a state institution with the formation of the State of Colorado in 1876 and continues as part of Colorado's public university system.
Quick Virtual Tour of the historic campus and surrounding areas
Regional, National, International
Galbraith, Den. 1974. One hundred years of engineering: Give 'em Hell, Mines! Mines Magazine Feb 1974, p. 4-25.